Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO Native support for WAV64 files - any plans?

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hello,

r8brain PRO documentation states support for 32 bit floating point files.  Any plans for supporting WAV64 floating point files (for in and out conversion)?

Cakewalk Sonar 6 and 7 both support rendering undithered audio into WAV64 so it would be nice to be able to import those directly without extra truncation (it seems useful when 64-bit mixing engine is used inside Sonar).

Overall r8brain PRO is an excellent tool.  Thanks!

Do you mean wave64 or just 64-bit floating point files?  Right now 64-bit floating point is not supported, but future version may support it - though, this does not have much priority.

Current version can read wave64 format, but can't write it.  This will be fixed in the future major version release.

Alexey,

I actually meant 64-bit double precision floating point WAV files, sorry for the confusion.  Basically I'd want to make sure those are read without any truncation (i.e. sound degradation).  Just for refernce, SONAR supports 64-bit FP format and can render high resolution mixes without truncation: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/English/New/Polish-64bit.asp

Also would be nice if r8brain PRO could write such files as well - that way the 64-bit FP mix can be downsampled without any dithering, which can be done separately.

OK, understood now.  64-bit FP files will be supported in the next major version.

Terrific, thank you!  The great product will get even better!

I'm still confused.  I'm hoping you plan to support the RF64 extension (sometimes called RIFF64) to the BWF specification.  See this link:

http://www.sr.se/utveckling/tu/bwf/prog/RF_64v1_4.pdf

I use R8BrainPro with Samplitude/Sequoia.  In version 10, they are producing RIFF64 files when the length exceeds 4 GB.

As for 64-bit floating point resolution, that would be nice too, but it's the lack of long file support that is cramping my work flow right now.

David L.  Rick

Seventh String Recording

Understood.  I will be working on this in the next version.  Currently, WAV64 is not supported for output.

Hello Aleksey,

The lack of RF64 support is becoming a serious problem for me.  Most of my work is now done in Sequoia at 88.2k or 96k.  I then export the mix as a 32-bit floating point file and convert to 44.1k using r8Brain Pro before doing final level and dithering in Sequoia.  The trouble is that an hour-long mix in floating point format exceeds 2GB, so Sequoia outputs a RF64 file.  Your software won't recognize this file, so I'm having to use an inferior SRC routine instead.

David L.  Rick

Seventh String Recording

RF64 format is something new to me - I will be checking it out.  Currently only Wave64 support is in the plans.

RF64: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBWF
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First