Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO Making The r8brain PRO GUI Nicer

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hey all, I actually don't own this program yet, I'm hoping to buy my copy in the next few months.  The thing I had noticed was that the GUI normally looks a little plain.

The reason this is, is because r8brain / r8brain PRO do not use WinXP styles.  You can create a file called r8brainpro.exe.manifest and put it in the same directory as the program with the following contents...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">

<noInherit/>

<assemblyIdentity

processorArchitecture="*"

type="win32"

name="r8brain PRO"

version="1.0.0.0"/>

<description>r8brain PRO</description>

<dependency optional="yes">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity

type="win32"

name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"

version="6.0.1.0"

publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"

language="*"

processorArchitecture="*"/>

</dependentAssembly>

</dependency>

</assembly>

This will enable Windows XP themes, the program looks a lot nicer like this.  Also, a little note to Aleksey, it might not be a bad idea to switch from Courier New font for the file list, to something like Arial, Vernada or Tahoma.  Also, this manifest file can actually be compiled into the exe itself if you add it as a resource in the r8brain project.  This will mean the manifest file will not be required.

Just a little something I thought I'd share :D

Cheers

Fots

Thanks for the tip. :) But in the future I would like to adopt our new UI system (you may see its bits in Overtone GEQ plug-in).  It is not Windows XP themes compatible, of course, but it is fully customizable (from our side), and it supports skins (when they become available from us), and color schemes (not tied to skins), and has 3 scaling factors, with individual graphics set for each scale (I believe Windows XP themes do not offer this - we'll see what Vista has to offer).

Ahh, this sounds good Aleksey.  I am running Vista RC2 right here and I don't believe that supports scaling either.

Thanks for your help :D

Fots

I think drag and drop would be a nice bonus addition.  Thanks for your great work!

r8brain PRO supports drag&drop, but you should drag&drop WAV files into r8brain PRO's short-cut (e.g. on desktop).

Aleksey Vaneev: Thanks for the tip. :) But in the future I would like to adopt our new UI system (you may see its bits in Overtone GEQ plug-in).  It is not Windows XP themes compatible, of course, but it is fully customizable (from our side), and it supports skins (when they become available from us), and color schemes (not tied to skins), and has 3 scaling factors, with individual graphics set for each scale (I believe Windows XP themes do not offer this - we'll see what Vista has to offer).

for a standalone application like this i wouldn't use skins aleksey. much better to have the standard windows scheme there (also nice to have standard windows scrollbars and so on). so the suggestion by fgimian was a very good one. but that's just my opinion.

Skins and colour themes are the last thing a VST needs.  Either put all your effort into making 1 good, usable skin or let XP/Vista theme it.

I think Vista is hardware rendered, so it does support upscaling

OK, thanks for comment.

Hi,

I'm thinking of investing in R8Brain Pro at some stage.  I was wondering if you have an idea as to when the version with the new GUI might become available please?

JonP01, sorry, I can't tell an exact date.  But please do not base your purchasing decision on this as this may take quite some time.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First