Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO 24 (32) to 16 bit

Last

Next

Previous

First

After applying uv22hr sound begins to clip.  So maybe we have to limit it again?

I suggest you to set a more appropriate ceiling when limiting before dithering.  If you limit to 0.0 dBFS, you'll probably have clips after almost any noise-shaped dithering.  Try to limit to -0.3 dBFS.

Aleksey Vaneev: Neil, actually all plug-ins work in 32-fp resolution even if they are dithering.  That is why a further truncation to 16 bit is necessary (file bit-depth conversion).  Of course, this won't generate truncation artifacts since prior 16-bit dithering was applied.

Hi!

I have tried r8brain pro today - only for one minute ;-) for my wav file.

According to this response I have a question.

After sample rate conversion 96k 32b float --> 44.1k as was mention above I have 44.1k 32b float file.

Then in DAW I have applied dithering to 16bit and noise shapping.

OK - now I have still 44.1 32b float file but dithered to 16bit.

Now when I have got in final result 44.1 16b fixed what I should to do?

- convert wav to 32bit fixed and perform Save As 16bit fixed? or perfom bith-deph convertion (without dithering and noise shaping) to 16b fixed and then save it? or simply Save As 16bit fixed?

What is the best way to rich final result - CD compatible wav file 44.1k 16bit fixed?

I'm sorry for the question a little bit off toppic but I decided to put my message here because is connected with r8brain.

Best regards!

Stef

stefano_pl: Now when I have got in final result 44.1 16b fixed what I should to do?

stefano_pl: - convert wav to 32bit fixed and perform Save As 16bit fixed? or perfom bith-deph convertion (without dithering and noise shaping) to 16b fixed and then save it? or simply Save As 16bit fixed?

If your audio was dithered then simply use 'save as' to 16bit.  However, in order to avoid double dithering you should consult software manual for your software to be sure saving to 16-bit does not use an implied dithering.

If dithering is implied, you do not need to apply dithering yourself then.

You do not need to convert to intermediate 32-bit fixed format in any instance.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First