Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     r8brain PRO r8brain VS r8brainPro Algorithm

Hey Aleksey, how are you ?

I tend to produce some music in Propellerheads Reason 3.0 at a sample rate of either 96 khz or 88.2 khz and downsample using r8brain Free to 44.1 for mastering.  Here are my 3 questions...

1) Is it wise to master the track at the higher bit-rate and then downsample or the other way around ?

2) Is there a difference in the algorithm used in the Pro version of your sample rate converter ?  Does the Pro

version offer a higher quality ?

3) I assume the Lite version of r8brain does not include the minimum phase conversion mode ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Fots

fgimian: 1) Is it wise to master the track at the higher bit-rate and then downsample or the other way around ?

Usually mastering at higher sample rate brings better results.  However, it should be noted that almost all DSP algorithms sound 'different' at different sample rates.

fgimian: 2) Is there a difference in the algorithm used in the Pro version of your sample rate converter ?  Does the Pro version offer a higher quality ?

Pro version definitely offers higher quality conversion.

fgimian: 3) I assume the Lite version of r8brain does not include the minimum phase conversion mode ?

You are right here.

Thanks Aleksey :D
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.