Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Polysquasher Modes ???

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

ak23 got me fired up on Polysquasher and I'm getting some really great control out of it now with DRY gain set within the -9dB to 0dB range using very low thresholds (about -35dB) and low ratios, etc...

I'm trying to get some information about the MODES to set Polysquasher better.  I believe you're using envelope detector instead of peak in Polysquasher.  Does MODE affect the detector at all?  In other words maybe the envelope limits in terms of dB swings wider or tighter with certain modes?  I don't know anything about DSP so maybe that doesn't make much sense...

Also do MODES have any relation to a parobolic or any type of EQ pre-emphasis like we have in Soniformer?

Any plans for a new Mode or 2?  I suppose Modes are kind of like Program Dependent Release (and Attack) in a way, or at least bias it somewhat?

Thanks,

Kyle

Modes do not have any relation to EQ pre-emphasis.  They can be compared to Elephant's AIGC modes, i.e. they select an intelligent attack/release algorithm type.

Thanks Aleksey - that makes sense.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.