Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Parallel Compression 2

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Here is another vote for improving the dry knob feature.

If I understand correctly, the way it is now is that the wet signal stays untouched and you only add dry signal from -48db to max +48db (relative to the wet signal).

As the theory behind parallel compression is that you apply extreme compression with very low threshold and very high ratio and add this with minimal dose to the dry signal you would have to set the dry knob to around +48db and the output to around -48db and start adjusting both knobs parallel.  Quite unhandy.

A feature to mix wet and dry signal on a scale from 0 to 100% with more or less constant output level would be much more practical.

Lutz

Have you checked Marquis Compressor's wet/dry mix?  Is this the same thing as you would like to see in Polysquasher?

Yes, that looks like an easy way to apply parallel compression.

Lutz

OK, I'll keep that on my mind and when I get to updating Polysquasher I'll add such dry/wet control as well.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First