Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Works like a multiband-compressor ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hallo Alexey,

very nice stuff, hard to find such good sounding plug-ins.

One question, does the Polysquasher mastering compressor work like a multiband-compressor to balance the frequency spectrum of the signal ?

Do I sill need a mulibandcompressor in my masteringchain if I use Polysquasher ?

Dan

Polysquasher is not a multi-band compressor: that is, the audio is not divided into several bands.  The balancing Polysquasher does is not exactly controllable - it simply adjusts the audio in a preferrable way.  Polysquasher is best used right before the limiter in the post-processing chain.

If you need some more control over audio spectrum you should definitely use some multi-band compressor.  I believe Voxengo Soniformer is a nice choice since it is hard to destroy the mix with it due to its design and control layout.  But of course you may use any other multi-band compressor.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.