Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Poly vs Soniformer different question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I understand the difference between Soniformer and Polyquasher from a theoretical standpoint.  32 bands vs 1 with two different purposes: spectral balance vs transient reponse.  So, how does one make the two work together?  Should they work together?  I am trying to get my head around when I would want to use one over the other.  My initial thought is that Poly would be first in a chain follwed by SF.  SF doesn't kill transients by nature, it just doesn't accentuate them.  And I would think after pumping the transients up you would want to make sure they are in balance with the rest of the mix thus SF second.  Just too many options with all these great plugs. :)

Oh, and not really meant for here, but can you turn dither on and off in R8brain?  That is a swell utility!

Never mind on R8brain, found the answer on the other forum. :)

This is hard to tell for sure how you can mix these two compressors together.  I would try SF followed by Poly.  Poly is meant to 'squash' the sound as a whole (make it tighter and more glued), it does not sonically reshape the sound in a radical way (as SF).  So you may use Poly before the limiter to change dynamics in a better way than the limiter naturally does this.

Of course, if SF after Poly works better for you then go for it!

Hrm, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.