Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Gain management

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

I tested the polysquasher.  Very nice sounding.  But I couldn't find out if it can add something useful if I already use Sonfin and Elephant.  What is your experience?

What is your experience with standalone mastering hardware (weiss, waves L2, LA2A, Massenburg, GML etc.)?  Are they better than your plug ins can be, because of the limitations by cpu ressources of DAWs?

Greetings

Klaus

By the way: It seems to me that the Plug in does not have something like "make up gain".  I found it difficult to find the right amount of gain wich I can boost at the output.  Because I don't want just a boost, of course I just want to boost the signal to the extent to wich I compress/limit the signal.

So therefore I worked that way: I choose the loudest part of the song, looked at rms gain-reduction display, setting the output to the amount of the maximal reducing.

I this the way you planned?

What about a "make-up gain" function?

Greetings

Klaus

Polysquasher is a mix compressor mostly, it is not a multi-band compressor.  It is not a limiter either.  I think you can use it right before Elephant.  Soniformer (yep, the new name) can be used before Polysquasher.

I'll think about 'make-up gain' button.  At the same time I think that instead of maximal reduction, you could choose a number somewhere between maximal (which is displayed) and a minimal reduction (that's not 0, but is shown on the graph).  Possibly, I'll add an 'average gain reduction' line on the scope so you can set the output knob to its value.

Thanks for the fast reply... yes a make-up gain button and/or a average line with value would be very helpful.

Greetings

Klaus

Klaus, you can check out the latest Polysquasher beta for this enhancement.

Yeah !  To you think it is possible to put the "parallel-mode" into an update ?

Just turn one knob "on", and you will have two parallel instances of the soniformer.

For the most cpu`s that is not a problem.  And it sounds very very good. . . .

Sorry, I wrote this in the wrong forum place.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.