Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher kudos

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

great work !!  Not sur eif ill be purchasing it soon, but it seems like many others will

-Robert

Chalk up another one, Aleksey.

Right now, the little Polysquasher is my favorite plug.  It is elegant in its simplicity.  Normally, one would complain about a compressor that deliberately "colors" the signal.  But, the Polysquasher is so musical, complaining is really out of the question.

In truth, for some of the material I'm working on, the Polysquasher achieves what I could not quite get with the more complex Sonic Finalizer.  In a way, the Poly seems to be a more refined, "automatic" Sonic Finalizer.  At least that's how it works for me!

I hope to be working on some retro-type R & B material soon.  I have a feeling the little Poly will be one of the first tools I reach for.

Thanks once again, Aleksey.  You rock.

John

P.S. - What DC filtering there may be in the official plug appears to be benign.  If it's what contributes to the clean overall sound, let it stand.

I agree with John & Robert - this thing smokes.  I just downloaded my registered copy.

Its' automatic attack and release is much smarter than I am.  It also understands the way my ears hear things somehow - are there little nanobots in there constantly making great sounding corrections and adjustments ?

I've been using Sonic Finalizer more or less for a little expander touch up here and there lately.

Polysquasher, CurveEQ, ElephantHQ are now my Triple Crown (not necessarily applied in that order !)

Great job Aleksey - Champagne time ! :)

Kyle

WOW!  Many thanks for your comments!

Also, Sonic Finalizer has its place in the mastering chain in any case.  At least, you can't get extensive dynamics changes with Polysquasher, and this is where SF works great.  I think Polysquasher is great as a 'last touch', right before the limiter.

For the next version I believe I'll optimize Polysquasher's code a bit.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.