Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher Dealing with an MS pair

I'm working with a recording made with a pair of mics configured as M/S.  As such, I don't have a L/R pair, but rather the M on the first channel, the S on the second.

I suppose the answer to this would apply to any Voxengo Plugin, but I've been testing out Polysquasher 3.

What would be the method to apply independent control of M and S compression, to a signal which is already M/S encoded?

Frank Lockwood

Lockwood ARS - http://LockwoodARS.com

Quality music recording services for classical and acoustic music.

Toronto, ON, Canada

Host DAW: Merging Technologies' Pyramix 11.0.4 (64 bit) AND 9.1.10 (32 bit)

System: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit on Mac Mini (6.2) via Bootcamp 5.1.5621

Windows 7 SP1 32 bit on MacBook Pro (3.1) computer via Bootcamp 4.0.4033.

Curve EQ, Deft Compressor, Elephant, GlissEQ, HarmoniEQ, LF Max Punch, Polysquasher2, Polysquasher3, Soniformer, TransGainer, Voxformer; also Deconvolver.

You can load the Dual Mono routing mode and apply compression independently to M and S channels.

Ah, thanks very much Aleksey.

BTW, thanks very much for making it so that Polysquasher 3 can be installed alongside version 2 - it's very handy to be able to keep the older version to maintain compatibility with old projects, and there are subtle behaviour and sound differences between the two.

Frank Lockwood

Lockwood ARS - http://LockwoodARS.com

Quality music recording services for classical and acoustic music.

Toronto, ON, Canada

Host DAW: Merging Technologies' Pyramix 11.0.4 (64 bit) AND 9.1.10 (32 bit)

System: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit on Mac Mini (6.2) via Bootcamp 5.1.5621

Windows 7 SP1 32 bit on MacBook Pro (3.1) computer via Bootcamp 4.0.4033.

Curve EQ, Deft Compressor, Elephant, GlissEQ, HarmoniEQ, LF Max Punch, Polysquasher2, Polysquasher3, Soniformer, TransGainer, Voxformer; also Deconvolver.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.