Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Polysquasher External Sidechain for PolySquasher?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

I've been playing around with the old demo lately and I still think polysquasher is rather unique.  However, it would be extremely useful if it supported external sidechaining, like Crunchessor.  This would allow it to be a very powerful mastering tool could do variable linked Mid/Side compression with it and also use it to tame bass peaks with a LPF in the path.  Especially in mode 1 it seems to be extremely transparent on peaks which is ideal for controlling bass peaks (kick, booms and ringing notes) with a LPF in the sidechain.

Please, would it be possible to consider this addition?

Cheers!

bManic

I will think about it.  Actually, I have hopes to use the new development libraries - it is possible that adding side-chain (like in Crunchessor) to any plug-in won't be much of a hassle.  Beside that I'm waiting for VST3 - possibly, side-chain functionality is built-in there.

Any news on this?  Polysquasher with external sidechain would be extremely powerful.

Another question?  Is the attack of this thing "instant" in any of the modes?  I mean, can this be use as a kind of a 'cut-the-tops-off' limiter?  I guess I could figure it out myself by just doing some careful listening but I'm lazy and don't have the demo installed at the moment so I rather just ask. :-)

Cheers!

bManic

No news, sorry...

Attack is indeed 'instant' in Polysquasher.  Indeed, this is working similar to a brickwall limiter, with a bit of look-ahead, but not as heavy.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.