Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Installation

I have just downloaded Pristine Space, and I cannot find the main program to start it.  My current audio client is WinAmp, which will not recognize Pristine Space as a plugin, even though I installed it into the plugin directory.

How do I get Pristine Space running?

Do I need another audio client?

Sincerely,

Collin Merenoff

The Mechanical Advantage

Pristine Space is a VST 2.0 plug-in meaning your audio host (WinAmp in your case) should support VST 2.0 specification.  Otherwise it won't work.

Thank you very much for answering my question.

Do you know of an audio host that supports VST 2.0?

Sincerely,

Collin Merenoff

The Mechanical Advantage

These are Cubase SX, Nuendo, FruityLoops, Sonar (through Cakewalk VST adapter) to name a few.

Thank you again.

Which of these does MP3 streaming?

Sincerely,

Collin Merenoff

The Mechanical Advantage

I guess, all of them can import and export MP3 tracks.

Let me be more specific.  I'd click on a link to a .pls or .m3u file, and a stream would start playing through an IR I'd set up with Voxengo.  What audio host would I use?  Isn't there anyone on this forum who does this?

I've heard about a wrapper which converts VST plug-ins to WinAmp.  I think you can search for it on the web.  I'm sorry, I cannot provide any specific link immediately (never used such wrapper myself).

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but playback applications like WinAmp are actually not the target for VST plugins like PS.  VST plugins are commonly used in the audio part of sequencers, like Logic, Cakewalk and Cubase, as well as in multi-track and stereo-editing applications, like Wavelab, SoundForge, etc.

What is the objective of "streaming" mp3 through a VST?

If you decode the mp3's with Razorlame to .wav files, you can process the wave file with a proper VST host.

I think it is a rare application - I have never heard of situations in which you want to play back finished/mastered/encoded material through an impulse convolutor.  Also, mp3 is not the ideal file format for such "remastering" applications, as it has more or less degraded quality, especially in the high frequencies.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.