Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Quality Settings

Last

Next

Previous

First

Just a suggestion- wondering if it's possible to include an 'auto' type feature in a future release.

Track using low quality (lo latency) & bounce in high without having to switch between the 2 manually as I sometimes to forget to do so!

Thanks

I should say that I plan to remove "quality" setting in the next update completely to simplify the user interface.  Today we have multi-core CPUs, and this setting became unnecessary.

Except when trying to mix 30-40 tracks with a dozen or so instances but I see your point.

Aleksey Vaneev: I should say that I plan to remove ''quality'' setting in the next update completely to simplify the user interface.  Today we have multi-core CPUs, and this setting became unnecessary.

Who's this "we"? I don't yet have a multi-core fire breather!  I still consider this control a necessity on all your plugs, and I wish every other plugin in existence had it.

What you might do instead, is simplify the control so it just toggles between 8x (or max oversampling) and Auto...except that there may still be hosts out there that don't communicate "offline" mode to hosted plugs. (I will admit that I never use the 2x or 4x settings.)

The "quality" setting in Pristine Space has a totally different meaning to other plug-ins - it reduces quality.

Right now I have a different perception of this - mixing at "low" quality in Pristine Space is a wrong practice, because you are not hearing the sound fully.

But according to your manual switching to lo quality also reduces latency just like Waves low/ full cpu settings, right?  This is a big help when you're trying to set average verb levels in a full or stem mix.

I can't mix 60-90 plus tracks fully with 12 or more convo verbs at the same time so I always mix in low cpu settings to start.  If there's major problems between the full/ high quality bounce & the lo/quality live monitoring then I'll tweak.

I've been using P.S. for a few years using non-multi core processors it's was originally designed for so for me it's a useful option.

The latency is not reduced.  The "low" quality is just more efficient, but it's rarely 2 times more efficient - usually 1.5 times.

I understand that several years ago it was a good option, but today we (the usual customers) can get a multi-core CPU.  I just do not see a reason to invest time into a feature that will not be in use at all in just 1-2 years.

I guess I don't understand what ' lo quality ' means.  If the latency or cpu usage isn't reduced what exactly does "1.5 to 2 times more efficient" mean?

Also I never understand the having the 8 slots & I never use more than 4 channels for true stereo.  That's probably not a needed feature either that will be changed?

Anyways I enjoy the plug, what else is going to be new or change in this next version?

Only the CPU use is reduced when you engage the "Low quality" mode in Pristine Space.

Future version of Pristine Space will have a lot of things reworked for sure, but it will remain multi-channel - with a simpler overall control.

Hi,

Do you have a release date for the future version of Pristine Space ?

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First