Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Envelopes

I know this is probably something simple but I just can't seem to understand how to adjust envelope settings.

For example, say I want to add a hi-pass filter.  There are db settings on the left, frequencies on the right, and impulse time across the bottom.  If I wanted attenuate frequencies below 200 Hz -20 db, would I set the right node at 200 Hz and the left node at -20?  Does the far right node always denote the frequency of the hi-pass and the far left node the amount of attenuation?  What do added nodes between the two represent?  If I added a node say at 0.450 seconds, -40, 1.4 kHz, what is really happening here?  Does the time domain across the bottom come into play?  Do all nodes represent all 3 parameters?

A lot of questions I know, but there must be something obvious I'm overlooking.  On all these filters I just can seem to grasp how a linear, 2 dimensional line is applied across 3 parameters.

If someone could offer a simple explanation I would appreciate it very much.

Regards,

DB

Hi-Pass and Low-pass filter envelopes allow you to make sweeps.  For simple EQing please use Equalizer envelope.

Thanks for your response Aleksey.  Yes, the EQ is pretty straight-forward.  But with your other filters the use of a 2 dimensional line adjusted against 3 parameters continues to confuse me.  I know it's probably a simple perceptual thing I'm not getting.  I do wish you had some detailed instructions as to how to use these filters.

Regards,

DB

dbmusic: Thanks for your response Aleksey.  Yes, the EQ is pretty straight-forward.  But with your other filters the use of a 2 dimensional line adjusted against 3 parameters continues to confuse me.  I know it's probably a simple perceptual thing I'm not getting.  I do wish you had some detailed instructions as to how to use these filters.

Low-pass and high-pass envelopes allow you to create sweeping filters - whose corner frequency changes over duration of the impulse response.  There is nothing hard in this concept.

A simple explanation via an example would have been very helpful.  Whether you think there is nothing hard in it or not is not the point.

I own 18 of your products Aleksey.  I'll certainly recall your intellectual superiority the next time I consider purchasing anything.

Regards,

DB

A simple example would be time-varying high-frequency damping.  So, you open the Low-pass envelope and put its starting point to 20kHz (full spectrum open) and its ending point to 16 Hz (fully damped spectrum).  This will produce a reverb with damped higher frequencies with damping varying over time.

(I'm not trying to show I have any intellectual superiority)

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.