Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Detaching ER's / Tails In PS

Is there a way to detach the er's & tails on impulses like in Waves IR or Altiverb?

Also what does using the delay actually do in theory?  I've been trying to use it as a kind of a pre-delay or distance effect & wondering if there's any tips or advise from any users.

Lastly, I still don't understand the having the different 8 channels & the 8 slots .  I DO understand the concept of loading 2 stereo ir's in two slots using 4 channels for convolution but what good are the other unused channels / slots?  Can I use them to route more ir's to totally separate or different sends / busses?  Can't figure that out.

Thanks

carlman: Is there a way to detach the er's & tails on impulses like in Waves IR or Altiverb?

This can be done with the Volume envelope by using a different volume in the early and late parts of the IR.

carlman: Also what does using the delay actually do in theory?  I've been trying to use it as a kind of a pre-delay or distance effect & wondering if there's any tips or advise from any users.

It is a simple delay that can be used for time aligning.  This is also a distance effect to a degree, but very limited at that.

carlman: Lastly, I still don't understand the having the different 8 channels & the 8 slots .  I DO understand the concept of loading 2 stereo ir's in two slots using 4 channels for convolution but what good are the other unused channels / slots?  Can I use them to route more ir's to totally separate or different sends / busses?  Can't figure that out.

8 slots were introduced for the case 8 mono impulses are used.  This is more of a flexibility than a usual requirement.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.