Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space IR Sample rate?

I saw in a similar post that Pristine Space conforms all IR samples to 32bit floating point bit depth.

I'm wondering about sample rates.

I just received a collection of IR from Jim at StudioCat.  He provides 96, 48, and 44.1 kHz IRs.  The 96kHz seem to work well when I use Pristine Space in Cakewalk's SONAR 7 PE.

Is there any reason to consider using the lower sample rate files?

Does the sample rate effect CPU overhead?

Does the higher sample rate yield discernibly better results?

thanks,

mike

It's better to use impulses of sample rate equal to your project's sample rate, in order to avoid resampling.  Choosing between different impulse sample rates won't reduce overhead because CPU load solely depends on project sample rate and length (in seconds) of impulse file.  Impulse file's bit depth also does not affect CPU load.

Thank you for the explanation.

So to confirm, no matter what bit depth and sample rate IR you load, Pristine Space will convert the bit depth to 32bit floating point and the current project's sample rate?

best regards,

mike

mike_mccue: So to confirm, no matter what bit depth and sample rate IR you load, Pristine Space will convert the bit depth to 32bit floating point and the current project's sample rate?

Yes, it will.

Thanks

You are welcome!

I have very similar question-to achieve best possible quality what is better to do-resample IRs or resample audio to match sampl.frequency? /I have all of my church IRs in hi end quality 96k/32 bit,and my audio is usually 48 kHz./Final audio will be at 48 or 96k ,I didnt decided yet.To me 96k sounds only slightly better on hi end headphones.

There is no difference what you resample as long as resampling is high-quality one.  Convolution is "sample rate" transparent - its quality does not change with sample rate.

Thank you,now its clear for me.And I know,your r8brain pro is one of those high quality ones.I have tested it deeply against most of its competitors I have,and only that adobe one has decent quality,but not as good as yours.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.