Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space New purchaser question on use with sonar...

I tried the demo and was very impessed ...so I purchased...

Just a quick question on setup and routing.

I use Sonar 7.

My songs normally conist of drums (ezdrummer running each drum instrument to its own stereo channel on the console(sonars mixer channels can be stereo or mono with the click of a button) so its easy enough for me to insert an instance of pristine space over each drum instance if needed)

Acoustic guitar, Vocal, Bass, Electric Guitar, Stereo B3, Back Vox in stereo.

I would like to have the instruments panned across the stereo image, say acoustic guitar 70% left, Electric 70% right, Vocals Center for example, and have pristine space's reverb accurately represent these panning positions.  I realise I have to use TRUE STEREO IMPULSES to achieve this...and I have some true stereo reverb impules....whats the best way to achieve this, with the flexibility if possible, that if I change the panning of the acoustic guitar from 70% left, to 60% left, the reverb changes correctly...

I am a little confused as to wether to run pristine space on a stereo buss, and use the aux send from the acoustic guitar channel, or to run Pristine space as an insert on the channel...

anyone using Sonar who can help me out....

basically, I want to be able to change the panning of the instruments in my mix, using true stereo reverb impulses, and have the reverb respond appropriately..

thanks in advance...

cheers

Wiz

I think I have answered my own question..will post here for posterity.....

To achieve what I want to do, realistic panning of instruments, and achieving realistic reverb in Sonar...

1.Use True Stereo Reverb Imulses.

2.  Create a stereo Buss and insert instance of Pristine space on that buss...call the buss Verb (or whatever).

3.  Load True Stereo reverb send preset.

4.  Load True Stereo Impulses into Slots 1 and 2 of PS.

5.  Add send on instrument track to PS (in this call send will be called VERB)

6.  Leave Instrument track as stereo interleave.

7. insert a VST stereo panning plug in the effects bin for the track.

8. make the stereo panning plug output a mono signal, and have it reduce its gain appropriately for your Pan Law setting.

9. do all you panning with the stereo VST panning plug.

10.  Control the amount of verb, via the VERB Send control.

You can pan the dry signal anywhere in the stereo field, and Pristine Spaces, true stereo impulse you have loaded will respond appropriately...

Viola, true stereo reverb send and return...

cheers

Wiz

I think you've figured out everything yourself correctly.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.