Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Optimized for Multiple Processors?

On multi processor systems is PS optimized to make use of more than one processor?

Pristine Space does not have special multi-processor optimizations, but it works fine if audio host application puts two or more instances on several cores/processors.  This means that a single instance of Pristine Space won't be spread over two cores/processors, but if you load two instances, they will be spread.  I've tested this in Cakewalk Sonar 5, for example, and the boost is around 70% in comparison to single-core mode (and having two Pristine Space instances are running).

Works in Wavelab as well.  Just had a look into 3 instances of PS and they spread nicely over the two Cores of a Dual Core Intel CPU.

If we use modern multi CPU systems, there isn´t much need to spread computing power in between one instance anyway, because the computers are so powerful.

I searched for heavy and long reverbs for this test and reached for the concertgebouw real concert hall and some Lexicon 960 impulses.

With all 3 instances running I hardly see the CPU meter over 6% , distributed to both cores, on a 2.66 GHz Dual Core.  According to CPU-z the processor didn´t even boost up to the real 2.66Ghz, but remained "half steady" at 2000 Mhz, waiting for more to come :)

So it really isn´t a thing to worry about anymore, unless you run 20 instances, go to 96/192kHz, extreme surround/multichannel setups or do other weird things.

Even if run on an older machine, which may handle only one or two instances without problems - the quality is worth it.

Try the noisevault impulse library, e.g. the yardstick or lexicon impulses , lean back and have fun ;)

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.