Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Can I install PS Light on a USB key and use on any computer?

I switched to Reaper as my main DAW a while back, and I'm contemplating setting up a complete portable DAW on a USB that I will be able to use on any computer (Reaper is set up for doing this).

Can I install PS Light on the USB key and just use it on whatever computer I happen to be using?

Or does PS Light require something to be installed in the Windows registry to run it?

Scott

Voxengo plug-ins require registration information to be stored in the registry.  But you may carry a registry key file along with the DLL.  You'll just need to run the registry key file before using plug-in.

but then the plugin is registered on the other machine. that's bad. i don't want to have my key on other people's machine.

what about this: http://www.voxengo.com/forum/ar/1901 ?

I've answered there.  Bad or not bad, plug-ins usually need to be pre-installed (or at least copied into VST plug-ins folder).  What you are asking for in that thread is a custom solution, not standardized among VST hosts.  You can basically use that with Reaper only.

I only use Reaper.  But my request wouldn't break anything for other hosts!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.