Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Pristine Space Q: acceleration optimizaton for Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Hello folks - I just updated my system to run on an Athlon 64 X2 4400+.  Which optimization setting will yield the best performance on that chip?

I've tested Pristine Space in Sonar 5 in 'multiprocessor mode'.  This reduced CPU load by 70% when I've loaded two instances of Pristine Space with alike impulses.  So, this is not really about Pristine Space's settings.

I also have Athlon 64 X2 4400+ and I was positively surprised at how much more efficient dual-core processing is.

That's very interesting indeed - I look forward to trying it with Nuendo 3.2.1 this week.  However, what I was specifically referring to (should have put this in my first post) was the setting for 3DNow! versus SSE (or FPU) mode in the "?" settings panel.  Of course I'm happy to give each "cast" a whirl to see how it impacts performance, but if there's a "just set it at _____ and forget about it" then I'll be happy to follow some sage advice.  Thanks!

You should use SSE I think - 3DNow! has less optimization potential.  But actually, there is almost no difference between SSE, 3DNow! and even FPU modes...  Memory bandwidth limits calculation speed.  But if there was no such limitation, SSE would be quicker.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.