Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     PHA-979 Uses for PHA-979

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Greetings,

I am trying out the PHA-979, and I have some questions:

Would it be used more for individual instruments/stereo tracks - or more for whole mixes?

What are some typical settings for a general mix treatment?

Does this plug-in simply time-shift left or right channels, or does it time shift on a frequency-dependent basis?

So far, I like what it does to my mix sound, but I am not sure if I understand what it is really doing.

Thanks,

Phil Darg

PHA-979 is not totally usable for the whole stereo mixes unless you specifically want to adjust the stereofield.

PHA-979 is meant to be used during mixing, for aligning the most important instruments to each other - drums to bass, acoustic guitars, overdriven guitars.

This plug-in does not simply time-shift the signal - it applies a phase-shifting which can be also called a frequency-dependent time shifting.

So, you would suggest using it on individual instruments - and not whole mixes?

If it is just used on single sounds/instruments, would it only be used on stereo sources (i.e., never on mono sources)?

Yes, it is best used for the individual tracks, when you mix them together.

It can be used on individual stereo sources - like double-mic recordings.  But probably you will mostly use it on mono sources - vocals, guitars, bass, drums.

PHA-979 helps things to mix together better.

Thank you very much for your answers - I am going to buy this plug-in.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.