Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     PHA-979 VST3 version turns signal to mono in Reaper

This was tested in Reaper v5.01 (both 32bit version and 64bit version on windows 7 x64)

As soon as I put the VST3 PHA-979 (v 2.4.1, both 32 and 64 bit) on the fx-chain (doesn't matter if it's on the master-track or an individual track) the stereo-signal goes mono.

It doesn't matter if I switch the modules on PHA-979 ON or OFF, or how I set the dials, the signal is only mono.  No stereo-sound possible.

The correlometer indicates as normal (presence of stereo-information), but sound is only mono.

The VST2 version (again, both 32 and 64 bit) works correctly.

(All other VST3 Voxengo plugins I have work correctly.  It's just PHA-979 that exhibits this behavior)

My platform: Win7 home premium x64 // I use Voxengo 32bit & 64bit VST plugs in Reaper 5.x 32bit and 64bit

Please report this bug to Reaper developers.  This issue is probably related to VST3 side-chain support which was implemented wrong in the current version Reaper.  Due to unknown reason, Reaper in VST3 "process (ProcessData& data)" function sets data.outputs[ 0 ].numChannels to 1 instead of 2.

Ok, thank you, I will :)
My platform: Win7 home premium x64 // I use Voxengo 32bit & 64bit VST plugs in Reaper 5.x 32bit and 64bit

Just to confirm; you were in contact with the Reaper developer team regarding this issue?

Yes, we discussed this issue.  This issue will be fixed in the next PHA-979 update.

Meanwhile please simply use VST2 version.

Thank you :)

EDIT: 20151015

Problem discussed in this thread is fixed as of plugin v2.5

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.