Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     PHA-979 Mono Confusion

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Just purchased the PHA-979 and am a little confused as to how I use it in mono.  The instructions say Force Mono only processes the left audio channel.  So, in Cubase, if I am trying to phase align the kick to overheads (for example) do I pan the kick to the Left in Cubase and then process using the PHA-979?  Doing this places the kick in the left channel alright and I cannot get it back to center using the Pan control in the PHA-979.  Also, I am hearing no change whatsoever using the plug.  I'm going to try it on another source though.

Perhaps a better overview on using the PHA-979 on a mono source is in order?

Thank you very much,

Brad

Force Mono is simply a function that preserves computing resources.  You press it on mono channels for more CPU efficiency.

Probably you do not have to touch panning at all.  Phase aligning is best performed when two tracks are panned center.  You may apply panning later.

The best way to hear what this plug-in does is to solo two tracks - bass and kick, for example, and start adjusting kick track with PHA-979.  You may hear how bass and kick start to interact differently depending on the phase adjustment.

Hmm...  I'm still slightly frustrated.  I am trying the plug-in on one mic track from a spaced stereo pair.  I'm hearing no change at all.

What's the deal?  Do we use the plug-in on the inserts?  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  This is in Cubase SX 3.1.

Thanks,

Brad

Sure, you should use the plug-in on insert - as send it won't work.

I guess with 180deg. phase inverse enabled in PHA-979 you should hear at least some difference - if you do not, there's something wrong with your setup.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.