Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Marquis version 2!!

Hey Aleksey,

I spotted Marquis 2 in the JRRShop newsletter.  Great news!

Can you tell us how the algorithms are different, if at all?  Are they ported or changed?

Cheers,

Dax.

Dax Liniere

Record producer | Mixer | Engineer

PUZZLE FACTORY SOUND STUDIO

London, UK.

It features a completely new algorithm and amplifier stage.  Original algorithms are also available, but they come with a fixed "release contour" parameter, so they can't reproduce all version 1 sounds.

Hi Aleksey,

How would I replicate the Sharp setting of the Sharp/Clean/Soft section?  My favourite setting is: T3, FF, Classic, Sharp, but I use T2, FF, Round, Clean for smoother bass tones.  I was sad to see that T2 wasn't included as it sounds great and is very useful.

I notice that GR in dual mono with mono input is quite unbalanced.  I remember that there is a difference between L&R channels in Marquis, but can you please check if this is a fault?  I can't see why it would be so different (0.5dB difference), when v1's L&R difference was mostly in the output due to saturation.

Also, I think there could be a problem with T3 as I can't get anywhere near enough GR from it, only about 4dB max.

Can I also suggest that the Key Filter button should be present in the Key Filter Editor Mode window.  I know you can move the windows, but seems to make sense to have it in one place.

All the best,

Dax.

Dax Liniere

London, UK.

Thanks for comments.  Sharp can be replicated by increasing Drive.  There was difference between channels due to saturation in original Marquis, but I removed it.

The problem may be not in T3, but in how GR meter works - it is an average meter, it catches only fast gain reduction changes.

I'll consider adding the Key filter preset selector into the filter mode editor.

Hi Aleksey,

The gain reduction meter is showing some buggy behaviour.  Adjust the gain control and watch the GR meter do weird things like max out.

Cheers,

Dax.

Dax Liniere

London, UK.

This is unfortunately a "feature" of the gain reduction meter design - it reacts on the overall output gain changes as well.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.