Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Error: Access violation at address...etc.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I've been getting an error like this lately, popping up when I add an instance of Marquis Compressor to a channel insert:

Error during "dispatchEffectClass": Access violation at address 472D8D19 in module "VoxengoMarquisComp.dll".  Read of address 00000088 (12 0 0)

And then I can click "Okay" and it usually goes away.

In a current project today, as soon as the project started to open, the pop-up error appears and then changes after a few click-throughs and settles on something like this one, which won't go away:

Error during "processClassReplacing": Access violation at address 472D944E in module "VoxengoMarquisComp.dll".  Read of address 00000074

I am trying to use a lot of instances of Marquis Compressor (23) - perhaps too many?  I'm using Cubase 6 (32-bit) in Windows Vista (64-bit).  The CPU usage is pretty high in the project, but not quite maxed out.

Sorry, I have no idea what is wrong.  I suggest you to wrap Marquis with jBridge in 32-to-32 bit mode.  This may isolate the problem.

Thanks, Aleksey.

I'll take a look at jBridge, but I've used a lot of automation which may be messy to deal with.  I'm going to try swapping out some of the non-automated instances with Deft and see how that goes.

Well, having fewer instances (14) seems to have cut it down to getting the first pop-up once or twice and then everything seems to run as normal.  I'll just have to vary my default compressor usage a little more, I guess. :-)

Deft is great by the way!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.