Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Cannot switch between Phasy and Linear in Tracktion

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Alexkey,

I love using your Marquis Comp but I have one problem with it; I cannot switch between Phasy and Linear when using it in my host, Tracktion 2.  When I click on the button I see the option to select Phasy or Linear but when I try to change it the button just displays the previously selected setting.  The only way I have found to change the setting is to load a preset with either Phasy or Linear, depending on which setting I want, already selected.  Can you confirm this issue?  Is there another workaround?  I'm thinking it might have something to do with latency compensation as Linear mode has an increased latency.

Thanks,

Doug

The only workaround is to press stop/start on the transport, or press master enable/disable for the effect.  The fact you can't switch between Phasy and Linear is due to limitation of VST implementation in Tracktion.  Plug-ins can't control sequencer and the way it reacts on plug-in's requests (and Marquis does send a request to change settings to the sequencer).

Thanks Aleksey!

I'll give your suggestions a try tomorrow.  Thanks!

-Doug

You are welcome!

Hey Aleksey,

Could you go into more detail about what would need to be done in tracktion for this to work correct?  There are quite a few tracktion users using Marquis who are also running into this problem.  I have also found myself in a unique position of having a direct line of communication with the developers of Tracktion.  I would like to pass on your reply directly to them so that this issue can be addressed.  Please feel free to be specific and technical in your reply.  This will help get tracktion working as best as possible with Marquis and any other plugin that changes latency on the fly.  It will also benefit you as there are quite a few tracktion users holding off on Marquis.

Thanks for your help,

Doug

For this switch to happen automatically in Tracktion, tracktion should react to "ioChanged()" calls that are called from the plug-in side.  In the case of such case Tracktion should restart plug-in automatically.

Interesting...because I've been having this identical problem in WaveLab 4

dbmusic: Interesting...because I've been having this identical problem in Sonar 6.2.1.

Yeah, that's a pretty wide-spread problem not really being addressed by host developers, unfortunately.  It is usually resolved by disabling then enabling the plug-in or restarting the playback - depending on the host.

dbmusic: Interesting...because I've been having this identical problem in Sonar 6.2.1.

Aleksey Vaneev: Yeah, that's a pretty wide-spread problem not really being addressed by host developers, unfortunately.  It is usually resolved by disabling then enabling the plug-in or restarting the playback - depending on the host.

Disabling/enabling the plug-in works in Sonar, but nothing works in WaveLab 5.  A real pain because that's my primary mastering environment.

dbmusic: Disabling/enabling the plug-in works in Sonar, but nothing works in WaveLab 5.  A real pain because that's my primary mastering environment.

It's a pity, really.  But I can't do anything about this: I cannot be responsible for host makers that break specifications even if they make these specifications themselves.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First