Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Delay Compensation?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Does the Marquis introduce any delay/latency?  I am using it in Tracktion 2 with my latest projects.  I have been working on a few poprock songs that have some hiphop loops and live drums being played at the same time.  I edited all of the live hits to be exactly on time with the loops and routed the 7 drum tracks into another track, using it as my drum buss, and dropped Marquis on the buss to compress the drums a bit.  I opened my edit again this morning and I immediately noticed that my drums where a bit off of the loops.  I ended up disabling Marquis and then they were back in time again.  I thought I read in the manual that Marquis doesn't introduce any latency, am I right?  It seems in practice that it does introduce a minuscule amount.  Any help in sorting this out would be appreciated as I would love to use this compressor on my drum buss.

Doug

Just another note that the Marquis is the only plugin on my drum buss.

Marquis generates latency only in the 'Linear' mode - in that mode it's pretty considerable.  In the 'Phasy' mode latency is almost absent - though, it is still available a bit (several samples only, and that's like 1/4 of a millisecond).

Thanks Aleksey!  I love your plugins!  You make some really top notch stuff.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.