Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor new 'delay' parameter idea.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

hi aleksey,

this may sound bonkers, but a feature i've been wanting from any comp for quite a while is a 'delay' parameter, to delay the onset of the attack. my desire for this is purely a creative one, to give more control when using a compressor to pump after transients.

long shot ;]

thanks,

will.

I will probably try to implement such feature in some future product, but I do not have plans to implement it in Marquis Compressor.  Thank you for your idea!

you are right, its a bad idea for marquis.

but if you ever have plans to make such a simple little pumping compressor that would be good seeing as there's nothing i know of designed for that purpose, like your innovative low freq punch/max processors.

other things/ideas id like on such a creation (dont really know how some of these would work or even be worthwhile, just brain storming really):

- the adjustable 'delay before attack' time parameter, and sustain time before release is activated, almost adsr approach, with editable attack and release slopes.

- attack and release 'tempo sync' option.

- maybe some kind of step sequencer sending on/off to comp and individual attack/release/ratio settings for each beat/transient in a bar.

- lfo attached to ratio (so that when comp is gain reducing you can add 'wobble' to the sound), syncable of course.

- smaller than 1 ratios, so expansion posible.

- 2 bandwidth controls:

a: allows you to choose which freq range triggers the threshold.

b: allows you to choose which freq range will be gain reduced/expanded.

sorry for laying my bonkers conception on you.

keep up the good work!

regards,

These ideas are not really possible to implement in a compressor since it can't use boolean logic while ADSR envelope needs it.

2a/2b are basically how de-esser works.

ah ok.

just to clarify, what i meant by 2a/2b was, say, one specified range could control another, eg. a snare fundementle in the 100-2k range could be made to only trigger compression/expansion in the 2k-20k range. so just some kind of flexible multi-band approach. whereas a de-esser is simply one static band?

i think the lfo attached to ratio is theoretically impossible as well isnt it? maybe just ability to add wobble to the envolope slopes.

i'll shut up now ;]

regards,

Actually, advanced de-essers can do that 2a/2b trick.

LFO on Ratio without some *very* clever auto makeup gain logic won't work good - you'll get volume drops here and there.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.