Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor The Marquis Miracle (Audio Sample)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I've been using the beautiful Marquis for a lot of emo rock / punk music production in the last few weeks but over the last few days I thought, hey, let's create a trance track.  It sure has been a while, so long in fact, that I didn't own the Marquis on the last trance track I produced.  So I fired up Steinberg Cubase & Propellerheads Reason and was absolutely STUNNED at what the Marquis could do ...  I mean REALLY, WOWEE ! :D Is paying for Marquis enough to show how much I love it ?  No way !!  You need audio samples ! lol

So here it is, a little sample of my track with and without the Marquis...

http://www.users.on.net/~djbros/MarquisMiracle.mp3

The first half is the song without any Marquis instances, at 0:27, the Marquis version begins.  There are 4 instances running...

1 on the piano (melts the piano beautifully, all my pianos get a Marquis)

1 on the bass drum (see how much harder it kicks now)

1 on the bass (makes it a little tighter

1 on the mix (squeezes all the song together)

You'll notice how detached everything sounds before the Marquis came in.  The Marquis makes everything stick together and punch harder ! :D

This track was produced with Cubase SL3, Reason 3 (no added refills), Kjaerhus Gold / Classic and Voxengo effects.  I will admit that I used a lot of GEQs on tracks and a GlissEQ on the mix.  Nothing could do what the GlissEQ did, It brought out brightness yet the hihats weren't made harsh.  Also the awesome free Voxengo TempoDelay (followed by a Clasisc Chorus) is doing the delays right there, reverb is all Pristine Space Light :D

Just thought I'd share

Aleksey, Thank you !!!!!!! :D

Cheers

Fots

Thanks for your demonstration!  Bass end definitely sounds better - I guess that's important for this music style.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.