Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Release Parameter Presets

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

I wondering whether it would be worth offering a set of release parameter presets with some indication (naming) of what they would be useful for - application or modelling wise.

This section of the Marquis GUI is probably the most confusing for a newcomer and with the triple gang controls not so easy to quickly hear the range of possible effects of adjusting these paramters.

Also - the horizontal gain meter indicates Gain reduction - correct?  There is no clear definition in the manual of what is displayed there.

Regards,

Phil

I do not think some 'sub-presets' are necessary for the release contour part.

I'll update the user's manual about the gain reduction meter (it's there already, but without mention of the location of this meter).

Aleksey Vaneev: I do not think some 'sub-presets' are necessary for the release contour part.

While not essential there are obviously some things that a newcomer would not know - eg with the T3 mode you suggest 0.28 on all three knobs - I only know this from the KVR thread which many will not have read.

This pattern is used in presets which use T3 but I think that having that release curve named and available at a mouse click would be useful.

Phil, I was not suggesting 0.28 in T3 mode - that was just a reference value which may not sound good at all in particular cases.  I still think these PDRC presets will be a little too much.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.