Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Phase problem?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Only coloration (Soft&Sharp, Clean) have different phase 'footprints'.

When mixing non-phase-correlated material (vocals and drums, guitars and bass), Marquis usually does not introduce any odd phasing effects being inserted on any of these tracks.

Thanks for the info, Aleksey.

Aleksey Vaneev: Only coloration (Soft&Sharp, Clean) have different phase 'footprints'.

Aleksey

Is it possible to provide an option to bypass the coloration algorithm in cases where you need absolute phase coherency?

If needed, I can get coloration from another source in those circumstances.

Mark

Mark, it is not possible to switch off such coloration because it is an inherent part of the algorithm.

Okay.

Is the phase shift consistent across the frequency range for each coloration or is it program dependant?

iow: Does the amount of phase shift vary as it's processing.

Mark

It is constant.  Where it differs is between Soft&Sharp and Clean modes - in Clean mode there is no harmonic enhancement going on.

Oh man!  That's too bad!

I just bought this fabulous sounding compressor.  I do a lot of parallel compression but this phase problem that I have makes it impossible to use Marquis Compessor.

There is 'Dry Mix' control for parallel compression available.

Beside that, the truth is that most analog compressors (especially valve ones) won't allow you to perform parallel compression as well.  I do not perceive this fact as a flaw.

True but it never happened to me that a signal almost completely disappears.  When I hit the phase reverse button on the input for the Marquis it's a lot better.

Phase invert may help in some cases, but this is not a universal solution.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First