Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Phase problem?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hello,

I tried the demo.  This is what I noticed :

I applied the compressor to a Snare track.  But when I play this track togheter with the Snare Bottom track, there is

phase problem.  It's like the inverted phase (that is switched on) in the Snare Bottom is canceled.  Is there anyone that

could reproduce it?

This is an expected problem.  To overcome it you should use Marquis on the Snare Bottom track as well.  There is no other solution exist due to the design of Marquis.

and what about the phase with the Overhead mics ?

Is that a delay or a phase reversal ?

(IOW : It can't compensate by PDC ?)

Thanks,

M

Oengus -

I assume you're the guy on the sonar forums.

Use the sonar phase switch button on the console for every track that uses marquis - that'll fix it.

I wonder though - couldn't marquis just incorporate a phase switch stage at the end?

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

It is a 'problem' of phase adjustment - the phase adjustment performed by Marquis is complex.

It's good to hear this can be resolved by a simple phase reversal switch, but from what I know knowledge this should not be enough.

To be 100% in sync one should use Marquis on tracks which should be in sync (usually drums only).

oh I didn't try it aleksey - was just offering a possible solution.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Aleksey Vaneev: To be 100% in sync one should use Marquis on tracks which should be in sync (usually drums only).

Are you saying I should use Marquis on each drums track?  In overhead tracks as well?  I think it's a useless waste of CPU, isn't it ?

Oengus: Are you saying I should use Marquis on each drums track?  In overhead tracks as well?  I think it's a useless waste of CPU, isn't it ?

I may suggest you to build track groups and use Marquis on groups.  This won't require too many Marquis instances.

Aleksey Vaneev: This is an expected problem.  To overcome it you should use Marquis on the Snare Bottom track as well.  There is no other solution exist due to the design of Marquis.

I assume, the settings for Marquis must be identical, on both tracks, to get the same phase 'footprint'.

Are there certain parameters, that influence the phase, while others don't ?

E.g.: Ratio has no influence, while T modes have ?

Or do all parameters influence the phase response ?

I ask because I'm not mixing in the host and do not use drum busses ( most of the time ).

bye, Jan

P.S.: ... testing done ... money will arrive tomorrow ...

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First