Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Oversampling Mode

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Thanks for your responses.  I will consider adding oversampling, but I do really think it will be a little much for a multi-purpose compressor.

I think oversampling is only needed when compressing complex material (mastering and mixbus situations).  One can quite clearly hear how the compressor 'struggles' less when operating at 96kHz as compared to 48kHz.  However, my tests of 192kHz showd very little gain from 96kHz so 4x oversampling is definately overkill.  If you do implement it (please do! :)) I suggest hiding the option on the back panel and default it to off.

Cheers!

bManic

I hope oversampling is added - certainly the Crunchessor has it and its main purpose is a track compressor and not really intended for mastering.  And with all the control the Marquis offers it would be a shame if a high-quality mode would go missing, especially for mastering purposes.  I'm in agreement with bmanic: 4x would be overkill - but the option could be hidden - say by clicking the "?"

Another vote here for oversampling.  This will be the icing on the cake...
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First