Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Oversampling Mode

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I'm really enjoying the versatility the Marquis offers.  I was wondering if a High Quality mode could be implemented like in the Crunchessor and other plug-ins of yours?

This is not planned at the moment since Marquis Compressor already uses much CPU resources.

Oh well - hopefully at a future date you'll reconsider.  I'd really like to have this feature.  Thanks, Aleksey!

I did a quick check and the Marquis only uses between 8-9% of my CPU resources while Elephant2 uses almost 25% in 4x mode.  I use your plug-ins almost exclusively for mastering, so, still, I wouldn't mind having oversampling, in the future, as an option to 'switch on' if I decide I need it.  Thanks again, Aleksey.  This is a great plug - you've done it again!!

OK, I will consider adding oversampling mode.  Not guaranteed, though. :)

Thank you, thank you!!

Aleksey, if you are worried about joe-average complaining about lots of CPU usage due to abuse of the high quality mode, just make it a rear-panel feature.  Harder to find. ;)

I also would like oversampling and linear-phase option for important internal things (if possible!) as an additional rear panel option!  Would be great for mastering!

Cheers!

bManic

bmanic: Aleksey, if you are worried about joe-average complaining about lots of CPU usage due to abuse of the high quality mode, just make it a rear-panel feature.  Harder to find. ;)

bmanic: I also would like oversampling and linear-phase option for important internal things (if possible!) as an additional rear panel option!  Would be great for mastering!

bmanic: Cheers!

bmanic: bManic

Would love to have aswell!  Hideing the high quality mode does seem like it would work, and prevent some cpu usage for those who don't want it.

I've been experimenting with Marquis at 96kHz samplerate (x2 oversampling from 48kHz) and there does seem to be a slight difference that I think is worth adding to the 'back panel'.  I'll even try it out at 192kHz (x4 oversampling) and see if that's worth anything.

With the new T3 mode this has become my Go-To compressor even in Mastering as it can now be used very cleanly and subtly to add punch or enhance low-level material.

- bManic

I just hope Aleksey continues to develop it at this pace...!  Stunning !
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First