Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Marquis and UAD

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey -

Congratulations.  I have been singing the praises of the UAD-1 compressors for a year or so.  To me, nothing in the native realm could touch them.  With Marquis, I believe you have.

I just replaced all LA2A's (vocals) and 1176's (acoustic guitars) with the Marquis on all the finished tracks on my forthcoming LP and I'm just blown away.  It's also great to get such a beautiful, full sound at such low compression ratios.

Marquis is now my "go to" compressor.

Cheers!

Jeff

Mountain Mirrors

dark, kaleidoscopic folk music for poets, travellers and seekers...

Thank you for your response!

I agree with Jeff.

From my viewpoint the less I can use the UAD the better - it simply doesn't play nice with my system.

I've pondered the idea of selling it but there are still some nice plugs there and if I just keep the usage to minimum it works smoothly.

the 1176 definately causes problems on my system so I'm VERY glad of the Marquis.

Now if Aleksey could come up with a cambridge and EMT equivalent. . . . .

I also notice that my uad plugs do use host cpu.  I hadn't realised how much until I replaced all the compressors with Marquis and ended up with LESS host cpu usage!

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

Dave,

I suggest you try out HarmoniEQ in the SoftP mode.  It kicks cambridge ass big time, IMHO of course.  The downside is the quite heavy CPU usage.

Also gliss EQ in high-quality mode and at 0 dynamics makes it a very good basic eq that is again, IMHO superior to cambridge.

cheers!

bManic

I agree bmanic, harmonieq in soft p mode is dynamite!Great request by you aswell!If marquis compressor is ever placed in a bundle deal it probably should be with harmonieq!With those two together, the third and fourth plugins of the bundle could be half developed freeware it does'nt matter, it still would be considered a top notch bundle!

Aleksey -

Any chance of a kickass, non-convo (non-static) reverb next?

Cheers!

Jeff

Mountain Mirrors

Thanks for your responses!  They mean a lot - they mean we have some progress here.

jeffsanders, I have no plans for a new reverb.

I will consider adding HarmoniEQ+Marquis Compressor bundle.

bmanic - I find the harmonieq too cpu juicy for use as a channel EQ and gliss has a certain crunch to it- not in a bad way, I just find for some things it's unsuitable.

I do have my default setting for GlissEQ with no dynamics and yeah it's a great EQ but tone-wise I'd like something closer to cambridge but not too crazy cpu use.

And I agree about the non-convo verb - personally I HATE plugins which add latency (another reason my uad is falling out of favour)

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Offtopic, sorry:

dave, maybe try the free posihfopit eq by Christian.  You can find it here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1853.html

Cheers!

bManic

Aleksey Vaneev: I will consider adding HarmoniEQ+Marquis Compressor bundle.

I was already considering both of these plugs on top of the mixing and mastering suites.  If you did a package deal for HarmoniEQ+Marquis I would buy them immediately!!!!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.