Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Autogain don't works as aspected

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I suggest you to check out the latest beta 1.0.3 of Marquis - it features 'Classic' detector mode along with T2 compression mode.  When both are engaged you may get the sound you are familiar with.

On kvr someone posted 3 audiosamples, one with Marquis.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108823&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Very nice, that´s the effect I was searching for.

It seems to me, that the interaction between Attack, Release and Force is extremely important with Marquis.

With some tweeking I came at least close to what he did.

I would really appreciate a parameter setup like that in the preset area (couldn´t find anything that came close to it, neither on the drums nor on the bus presets).

Greetings

Holger

tmm: I would really appreciate a parameter setup like that in the preset area (couldn´t find anything that came close to it, neither on the drums nor on the bus presets).

That original file was from Fritzman.  He created the sound with Blockfish+Voxengo Tapebus.  I then later approximated it (pretty close) with Marquis.

You can find the preset Here :)

Cheers!

bManic

holger, maybe you mean the new T3 mode? yes its great!

I must say that marquis is of course not an compressor for everyone. but with some tweaking and some time to understand how it works, it gives some great results.

Thanks bmanic, perfect !

I also liked Fritzmans Marquis example, although he was searching for somthing warmer.

Will have to install the 1.03 version for you preset perhaps.

cheers

Holger

<I must say that marquis is of course not an compressor for everyone. but with some tweaking and some time to understand how it works, it gives some great results.>

I think, this is 100% true !

Perhaps it is a good idea, to have some more of that conventional "loudness maximization" presets like the ones from bmanic/fritzman to give a good impression to the new user.

When I started, my thought was, that most of the presets sound like "effect machines" but mostly don´t improve loudness subjectively.  Together with the special autogain performance this could easily draw people away from this compressor - whích it doesn´t deserve.

tmm: When I started, my thought was, that most of the presets sound like ''effect machines'' but mostly don´t improve loudness subjectively.  Together with the special autogain performance this could easily draw people away from this compressor - whích it doesn´t deserve.

yes, isn't so easy to find a preset which fit the needs and do based of this some fine tuning. but its a very new plugin and Aleksey is very quickly with updates and improvements ;)

I will review included presets in the future releases.

Just ordered it because of that Fritz preset !

A little variation that also sounded nice to me on the drumloop based on this preset had the following little parameter differences :

Key Filter Off

C.  Mode T2 instead of (T1)

Sharp instead of (soft)

Force 68 ( 79)

Release 31 (47)

Dry 12 (14)

Knee 16.3 (19.7)

Out 3.5 (1.5)

Still we have fair -0.1dB / -0.1dB pre post level - no desired clipping.

Even more punch possible with detector classic instead of round - but that´s a question of taste (reduce out a little bit then)

Big thanks to bmanic & Fritzman for inventing that setup !

Greetings

Holger

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First