Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     LF Max Punch Which one is better for "thick" heavy metal distorted Guitar?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Dear Aleksey,

I am trying to add more "thick-ness" and bass power to a track that has Heavily distorted guitar (Think of Metallica or Nickelback).

Even though I have used the bbe maximizer and a multi-band compressor (sonitus) the track still sounds "thin" compared to a Metallica or Nickelback CD.

So which product is better suited for this work: (1) LF-Max or (2) LF-Punch?  My guess is LF-Max--but you know better...

Also should I use one of these before or after a multi-band compressor?

Thanks for making great plugins!

HG

Indeed, LF-Max should be better suited for this task as it can add sub harmonics without affecting the original signal.

Using LF-Max after multi-band compressor may produce a little more 'open' and 'natural' sound, while using it before multi-band compressor will probably make LF-Max sound less open.

Thanks!  I just tried using LF-Max and it has made my distorted guitar tracks much "thicker".

As a result, I just purchased LF-MAX!!!

Thanks Aleksey!

You are welcome, and thank you for your purchase!

If you want to hear a 24 second sample of tone shapped with:

(1) Voxengo's "Curve EQ", (2) Sonitus' "Multiband Compressor" (3) Voxengo's "LF-Max", (4) BBE "Sonic Maximizer" and (5) Sonic Flavours R66 reverb, here it is:

Click to download bigtone.mp3

Thanks for posting this!

I listened to the sample and the guitar sounded nice!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.