Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Reversed Technique in Deconvolver

Hi, I'm using the Deconvolver to try and recreate a very precise analogue filter, I've run a 20 second sweep through it, and am trying to make IRs of a couple of different settings.

You recommend using the Reversed Technique for capturing EQs and gear, but I'm finding that this results in a maximized level, no matter what the input level is.

If I use the normal technique, it seems the relative gain of my recordings is preserved.

Is this normal?  Or should I bring the gain very low to use the Reversed Technique and preserve relative gains?

Thanks for any tips.

cheers, Dan

Please use the "Normalize to -0.3 dBFS" option and you'll get the optimal level without clipping.  Otherwise you'll have to bring the gain lower and use the floating-point wave format.

If I normalize then I lose the relative gains of the different EQ settings.

I'll try lowering the gain and using a floating point WAV.

Does the length of the sweep affect the output level in this Reversed Technique?

Thanks for your help.

cheers, Dan

Yes, sweep's length does affect the loudness of the result.  But you may also lower the loudness of the test tone sweep to get quieter result.

Understood.  Thanks for your help Aleksey...  I'm getting good results now using a very quiet 32 bit WAV.  Cheers!

You are welcome!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.