Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Feature request

Thanks for the update.

Now that you've introduced the initial spikes function would you consider adding a feature to allow the user to define the directional characteristics of the recepting walls?  When used in conjunction with the initial spikes it would allow for the creation of true stereo soundstages whose perspective can be controlled by microphone pattern.

About the "AIR" parameter -- from what I remember high frequencies are absorbed more rapidly than low -- but in your preset all frequencies are equally absorbed -- is there a reason for that?

Default preset has no air damping.  That is intentional.

As for microphone pattern, this is still in research.  But as I have tested this 'direct spike' feature, I must conclude that directional characteristic is produced most convincingly.  Just try it.

Default preset has no air damping.  That is intentional.
OK fine, I just wanted to be sure that I was understanding this feature correctly.  I found this air damping calculator, which may be of interest:

http://www.measure.demon.co.uk/Acoustics_Software/iso9613.html

It suggests values similar to the following should be used:

0 Hz 0 dB

150 Hz 0 dB

320 Hz 0 dB

800 Hz -0.5 dB

1800 Hz -1 dB

4000 Hz -2 dB

9000 Hz -7 dB

21000 Hz -35 dB

As for microphone pattern, this is still in research.
Excellent news.

But as I

have tested this 'direct spike' feature, I must conclude that
directional characteristic is produced most convincingly.  Just
try it.
I don't doubt that for a moment, I'm just wanting more control over perspective and angular distortion.  For anyone who's interested, there's some great info about the impact of stereo mic position, angle and polar pattern on imaging at this site:

http://www.tonmeister.ca/main/textbook/recording/05.html

Would I be right in thinking that the directional characteristics of the current recepting walls are bi-directional?

According to textbook, right now IM uses omnidirectional 'mics'.

Thanks for the link, it should help to implement other mic types.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.