Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver St Nicolaes Church preset error

Hi Aleksey!

just yesterday, I found a very strange behaviour in "St Nicolaes Church" IM preset.

If you generate that impulse response and open it into an audio editor, you will discover a harmonically rich pitch (fundamental at 400 Hz) standing quite loud after the original "shot".  You can preview it on this image:

http://www.capitoliscompagni.it/documents/St_Nicolaes_Church_wave_impulse.gif

Is it maybe a denormalising or ringing error?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers,

andrea riderelli

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

This is not a problem that much.  If you change the recepting walls a bit this will go away.  This is caused by some resonance that builds up in this design.  I can't tell what's it is about exactly, but changing recepting walls helps.

Thank you Aleksey, I'll try this night and I'll let you know the result.

Thank you again,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Aleksey Vaneev: This is not a problem that much.  If you change the recepting walls a bit this will go away.  This is caused by some resonance that builds up in this design.  I can't tell what's it is about exactly, but changing recepting walls helps.

Ok, I resolved as you suggested.

I have simply reduced the recepting walls dimensions (probably too much large and opposing each other).  No more spurious reflections.

Thank you a lot for help!

Cheers,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.