Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Recepting Walls vs. Virtuals Mics

Hi,

I consider purchasing Impulse Modeler.  I played with the Demo for a while now, and I'm a bit confused about the concept behind "receiving walls".  The thing is, that I want to create b-format (without z) impulse responses.  Therefore I need to emulate conicindet miking techniques, i.e. an 8 on the x-axis, an 8 on the y-axis and an omni, all in an single pint in space.  Of course, Impulse modeling with virtual coincident Mics works better in software, bacause they're not exactly possible in the real world.  So virtual Mics would have no dimension, but receiving walls have one dimension, as their length can't be zero.

Could you please explain?

Thanks & Regards,

Uranus

P.S.  Is it possible to have virtual second order Mics in Impulse Modeler?

You may easily create two figure-8 mics in Impulse Modeler - simply add two walls in a form of V triangle, and make both walls recepting, then select an appropriate mic pattern (bi-directional) for both.  This is a mic'ing concept of Impulse Modeler - it is not the same as we have it in the real world.

I'm not sure what is 'second order Mic'.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.