Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Impulse Modeler and Deconvolver Ambient panner, idea

Hi Aleksey,

I have some idea for a plug-ing, maybe you will find it interesting.

As we know Early Reflections play a considerable role in our ability to locate a sound source.  Still, ER generator is probably the weakest part of most reverb plug-ings.  In it’s best we have some random echoes, which have nothing to do with a source position.  I propose to build some sort of ‘Ambient panner’, which will take in account early reflections (only) of an acoustic space but won’t create any ‘late’ reverberation.  Thus, user can get a realistic pan effect and apply his favorite reverb after (with ER generator tuned off).  You have already built all parts - ImpulseModeler (modified) and a convolution engine.  If you could combine them into one ‘two buttons’ plug-ing, it would be just brilliant.  I could help with details.  What do you think?

Thanks,

Vitaly.

P.S.  Could you delete my account with name ‘Vitaly’ in your data base, I put wrong e-mail address there, please?

I understand your idea, but I do not have time to devote to it right now - too many things to do, and too many ideas to implement, already.  Sorry for this.

As for the account, it cannot be, unfortunately, removed.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.