Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     HarmoniEQ Phase Problems?

Last

Next

Previous

First

Im using HEQ to add some 'glass' to the side channels of some mastering.  I was calibrating the setup and noticed that when I switch HEq on the S Channel, it kills the imaging. ie I have a pink noise 3 secs left, then 3 secs right.  When HEq is engaged, the panning behaviour is interrupted etc and breaks the setup.

?

Cheers

Edit:

BTW, I d/l's the latest version as I noted some bugs ie in older vox plugs that were fixed by the update.  However now my old registration no longer work???

If you are trying to use the latest version, you have to upgrade your HarmoniEQ key first - please add it to the User Area and then use the upgrade option there.

In the latest version, the "Comp" dynamic modes may produce a stereo image narrowing efffect when used on the Side channel as they perform a kind of compression.  If you are referring to some other setup, let me know which "Dyn" and "Hrm" modes you are using with the latest version.

I dl'd the latest version and purchased the upgrade; didnt realise there was a cost (many of my plugs arent like that eg TC, UAD, IMage Line etc).

I have the output of a stereo track encoded to MS and then sent separately to a mono Mid group track and mono Side track.  Its inserted on the Side group track and even just the default setting kills it.  I can attach pic if required but any other plug on the track is fine eg Curveeq etc.

Well, you should not do it that way, because HarmoniEQ processes stereo signal routed to it in a linked manner.  Please use the built-in Mid/Side encoder, or use the Dual Mono routing preset.

Understood; remember though I began the exercise with the older version that had no MS and so the mixer setup reflects that.  This behaviour occurs with the older version just the same.  Anyway, I will alter my setup and proceed as per your directions.  I just need to sort the soniformer analysis problem and Ill be on my way "-)

Of course, the original version should exhibit the same behavior with your setup.

I dont quite understand...a discrete side channel enters the plug in a mono track config; Im guessing the left channel.  Like the other plugs, I imagined it just filtered/eq the signal and passed it back out of the mono track, to be encoded back to stereo.  Excuse my ignorance, but why would Heq change the signal in any way?  L=L, R=R??

Cheers

M

HarmoniEQ processes in channel-linked manner, like peak limiters usually do.  HarmoniEQ always worked that way.  So, when you initially pass the mid and side channels routed to L and R channels, they intermodulate each other thus adjusting the stereo field information.

But Im only passing it eg the Side channel?  There is nothing to react with ie the same signal L+R

What is also important is the use of the same dynamic and harmonic enhancement settings when processing mid and side channels independently.  If you previously processed the side channel without processing the mid channel with same mode settings, such stereo field information adjustment effect could be produced as well.

Various modes may engage different filters that effect the stereo field if not applied to both mid and side channels.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First