Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     HarmoniEQ Multi-impulse-EQing ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello Aleksey !

First I must say that this EQ is maybe the best I´ve tried in the digital and analog (!) domain.

But it depends on the situation.  So, are you planning to make it more flexible ?

I´ve compared it to the new UAD-Precicion-EQ and this one sounds wounderful too, but different.

It seems that UA has implemented some kind of Saturation/Compression in some frequency-ranges

To make it sound softer ( I´ve heard it in the reverb/early reflection – parts of , for example, Drum Sounds )

And maybe UA is using an Impulse of analog gear, which is „smearing“ the sound in a pleasant way.

I know, this is not typical for an EQ.  They implemented things which are happening in the backround.

So far so good.  About HarmoniEQ I must say: When I put an old gear Impulse before HarmoniEQ, then I`m

able to get a vintage Sound too.

I´ve read in some forums that you are thinking/ planning about multi-impulse EQing , what you can implement in HarmoniEQ.  Well, I think that is the right way !!!  But please, make it switchable when I need a clean-shiny sound I could use the „normal mode“.  And what about one or two dynamic-modes ( like Gliss-EQ ) in different

frequency ranges ?  I know I could put an instance of GlissEQ before or after the HarmoniEQ but that would

make things to complicated.  And think about the audio people who doesn`t know what wonderful things could

be done with Voxengo-PlugIns : They will compare ONE of your PlugIn with another and they won`t compare

a multi-chain-of voxengo-PlugIns to another.  This may help you to sell much more of your PlugIns.

So, I`ve learned to create my special-chain ( I`m a proud owner of many Voxengo PlugIns ).  But using multi-impulse EQing and multi-sutaration would be impossible to „create“ this way.

The next days I´m doing more audio-tests with many PlugIns and maybe I´m buying HarmoniEQ.

Thanks for your excellent work !

So, what are you planning in the future for HarmoniEQ ?

Many greetings

Ralf

For HarmoniEQ I'm planning to implement 'Low' quality mode (should be more than 2 times efficient), and if possible - a new variant of equalization (but it's really very CPU-heavy).  Another planned feature is a 'linear-phase' global option which turns internal HarmoniEQ's oversampling filters to linear-phase ones - this should help to get rid of possible phase-problems when mixing EQ'ed and non-EQ'ed signals, this may also give a different sound.

HarmoniEQ already uses harmonic enhancement (saturation) on many of its stages - just try the Boost mode.

Personally I wouldn't care even if Harmoni EQ new filtering mode would use over 50% cpu if it's suitable for mastering and brings superior quality to the table.  Bring it on!  I dare you! ;)

Cheers!

bManic

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.