Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Output clip led behaviour in Wavelab

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

What does the output clip led of GlissEQ tell me in Wavelab?  I can't hear anything happening when the output signal goes over 0 dB but is it ok when Elephant2 is next in the chain?  I don't want to lower the signal just to pull it back up in Elephant. :)

Clip led estimates whether clipping is possible or not.  It does not clip the signal.  Of course, if you have Elephant in the chain after GlissEQ, you won't get hard clipping at all.

OK, that's what I thought.  Thanks.

Could it be possible to get a kind of 'soft reset' for the eq section.  I mean something that would reset the band gains to zero but would leave the shelving, Q, frequency, Dyn and peak/shelve controls where they are?

Now I have to double click every band gain separately and that means hundreds of extra clicks for me every day.  The Reset button could be set in the settings (well there is no settings in GlissEQ at the moment but the same way the Ballistic settings are in Elephant2) so that you would choose whether you want the reset to reset everything or just the gain.

edit: Actually it might be useful to be able to reset gain and frequency but leave Dyn, Q and peak/shelve parameters untouched.  Maybe there should be a button (in the settings, not in the front panel) for each so that only the selected ones would be reset by the button in the front panel?

Janila, I suggest you to store the current 'reset' state of the EQ with 'default preset' function (in the Presets... menu).  This state will be recalled whenever you reload plug-in (if that's what you wanted, of course).  Or you may use 'mute' switches.

'Soft reset' seems like a too specific function - I'm not really interested in adding functions which are useful to some people only.

I hadn't noticed the default function.  Thanks.  That helps.  The popup window is rather useless and requires an extra click but I guess I have to live with that. ;)

edit: The Reset default should load the state that was saved with Set as default, right?  I set a state and the popup says "Current program has been stored as a default program." When I change something and select Default preset the popup says "Default preset has been reset to its original state." but the values don't change.

Reset default should not be used.  If you want to load preset you've stored with 'Set as default' simply press the Reset button - it's even easier than navigating through Preset... menu.

Great!  It works just the way I wanted.  From the manual and the GlissEQ popup messages I understood that the Set as default changed the way the plugin was set when it is loaded and that the Reset just resets everything to the factory default position.  So just a misunderstanding.  It works just perfectly. :)

OK, I'm glad you've understood this feature!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.