Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ dynamics issue

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

just got some strange behvior in GlissEQ 2.6.

I have a group channel ( SX 3.02 ) for toms.

I inserted a gate, and after that GlissEQ.

I wanted to boost the low end, but only for low level tom hits.

So I set dynamics to 1.

What I got was a nearly constant reduction, even when there where no tom hits at all.

The gate does not shut completely, so there's a very low level crosstalk of Kick, Snare, etc.

Why does GlissEQ's dynamics react to this -60db signals ?

Also, the reduction was nearly constant, for low and high level tom hits.

I tried all settings, to no avail.

I tried GlissEQ before the Gate.  Doesn't help either.

bye, Jan

If you are boosting, why you are getting reduction?  At dynamic level 1 boosting level should be nearly maximal.  Why are you talking about reduction here?

Because the dynamics meter shows a 20 - 25% reduction in the example above ( at -60db input level ).

The question is:

Is the dynamic action of a band controlled by the input level, or by transients ( independent from in level )

If it should react to input level, there might be a bug in 2.6.

bye, Jan

Jan, GlissEQ reacts to transients only.  So, while your gate lowers the signal level it does not minimize the transient content (differences).

Thanks Aleksey ...

I guess I should have known that, but I have dynamics disabled, most of the time.

So I never took a closer look at the way it works.

sorry, Jan

No problems, Jan!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.