Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Gliss 2.4 in Nuendo 3 oddities

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

When the Gliss eq window is open, I experience some odd behaviour.

My X-keys, which are hooked up via USB, experience an extremely long delay when a key is pressed - many seconds.  For instance, if I press the key I've got assigned to "transport stop", there's a huge delay before Nuendo responds.  But, if I close the Gliss Eq window, the program responds immediately to the command.

The key on the standard keyboard (space bar), however, experiences no such delay - the response is immediate.

The long delay ONLY happens when the Gliss Eq main window is open - if I switch to the information screen in the Gliss window, the response via my USB X-keys is immediate.

I see that my Matrox video card is sharing an IRQ channel with a USB controller.  Could it be that the Gliss Eq FFT graphical display is somehow interfering with the USB by demanding so much from the video card?

(Forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about...)

Thanks!

Nuendo 3.02.623

Win XP Home edition, sp 2

Asus P4b533

USB 2.0

This does look like some intererencing problem.  Information screen is different from the main screen only that it does not update itself in real-time.

Solved the problem by enabling the "bus mastering" for my Matrox card!

The problem had only been present when the Gliss window AND the Nuendo mixer were both open in my 2nd monitor.

Anyhow, the bus mastering switch seems to have solved it.

OK, thanks for letting me know.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.