Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Thanks for 2.4

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Just wanted to thank you for the 2.4 update...this really gave GlissEQ a new "lease on life" (even though I doubt I could ever work without using it).  The Alt-mode and band previewing features really took GlissEQ to the next level.  I have a suspicion that you aren't finished updating this thing too... :)

Glad you liked these additions!

To date, only cursor point readout is left - I'll add this feature in the next version.

You may notice that solo and mute states are preserved between plug-in sessions now.  And if you move a control point its muted state will be unmuted.

I think GlissEQ is already quite feature-packed, but can you forsee ever adding a saturation stage?  I am curious if the saturation from TapeBus (which sounds excellent by the way) adds latency, or if it is the convolution process.  The TapeBus saturation component would probably be great integrated into GlissEQ, but if it creates latency I guess it would be inapropriate.

I know if I want the tape saturation, I can just use TapeBus, but I remember you saying something about adding saturation to GlissEQ when you discovered a good way of implementing it.

Sorry to keep bugging you about extra features!

Yes, there were plans to add saturation to GlissEQ, but that was a long ago.  Right now I do not think it is a good idea to add saturation of any kind unless it is fully integrated with the equalization part (like in Lampthruster).  To date, I have not found a good new way to combine the both with good results.  If saturation can be bypassed, it is better to have it as a separate plug-in.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.