Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ New here, some remarks

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi there,

I finally purchased GlissEQ 2.4.  A very usable product, but I have some remarks.

1) When moving a frequency up to 20 kHz, the EQ band is turned off.

That's quite a surprise.  E.g. when automating an opening high pass filter, one always has to adjust it very carefully.

In non-GUI mode:

2) EQ x Mode (x = 1..5) set to max shows no text anymore.

3) EQ Mode goes up to ten.  Is that just for future updates?

4) What is Sat Gain for?  I don't hear any difference, so I guess once again it's for future releases ;-)

I'm using Win XP, Cubase SX 1.06.

edit: OK, 1) appears only using Normal Quality.

Point 1 you've mentioned is a known limitation and cannot be resolved easily.  Simply use the high quality mode.  Another thing to consider is that GlissEQ was not designed as a filter plug-in - automating its parameters may not work smoothly.

I do not suggest you to use non-GUI mode as there you can see various weird things you've described.  There where you see no text are place holds for possible future additions.

Sat Gain is an old parameter which is not used now.  It was left for backwards compatibility only.

OK, thanks.

Interesting!  I think these forum discussions could be great additions to the user manual's Q&A section, don't you think? :) When writing a manual it's impossible to think of all questions that might rise when actual users start using the software.  This forum is often invaluable in understanding Aleksey's plugins, because they almost always have an approach that is a little bit different from the stuff we're normally used to.

YF, I'm already including some questions posted on these forums into the user's manual.  However questions like the above is a pretty 'technical' and very specific ones, so such questions won't go to the user's manual.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.